Control of Infection (REHIS) training courses
Elementary Infection and Prevention and Control Course (6 hours, £60)
This REHIS (Royal Environmental Health Institute for Scotland) Infection Control course from Glasgow Clyde College covers the principles of effective infection control. Childminders, nursery staff; care workers, hospital staff and beauty and holistic therapists would benefit from completing this course.
- micro-organisms and other causes of infection
- standard infection control precautions
- prevention of occupational exposure to infection
- risk factors
- hand hygiene
- personal protective equipment
- safe disposal of waste, clinical waste and sharps
- barriers to effective infection control
- health and safety legislation and its implications.
Elementary Cleaning and Disinfection Course (4.5 hours, £40)
The course will be of benefit to anyone who is looking to get into the Cleaning industry (it will cover some Induction essentials) – It should be suitable for cleaners in a wide range of working situations – e.g. kitchens, hospitals, care homes etc.
- Reasons and Benefits for cleaning
- Disadvantages and Costs of poor Cleaning and Disinfection
- FACTs about Disinfectants
- WHAT to disinfect
- Cleaning Schedules
- What is C.O.S.H.H.
- What are the Risks
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Systematic Cleaning
- Prevent Contamination and Cross Contamination
We’re always happy to offer help and advice on all aspects of training. Why not give us a call?